Purpose of Project Lighthouse Africa e.V. is the advancement of Development Cooperation in the nexus Development and Security – Communications – Perspective Development. A well established and trusted network of key stakeholders in this nexus will be the basement and bracket of all activities.
The organisation pursues the purpose to support African countries with coordinated sustainable infrastructural development of the energy, environment, agriculture, education, communication, trade and health sector. As we believe development, security and stability has to be addressed in a comprehensive approach, fostering civil-military cooperation and the “EU Integrated Approach” is an additional purpose of the organisation.
That way it will build lighthouse projects for the whole of Africa.
Centre of the activities is the belief that African countries have a chance in the long run to free themselves autonomously from the dependence on development aid, corruption and bad governance, to build prospering societies and sustainable socio-economic conditions. Because only with the development of perspectives – especially for the youth – the cohesion of African societies can be sustained and (re-) build. Precondition for that is a trusted and well-established network of key stakeholders and players in the field as well as coordinated actions.
This, however, asks for advanced networking, aid for self-help, information and communication, coordination, consulting and initial projects.
Core work of Project Lighthouse Africa e.V. is planning, development and implementation of a country-specific tailored sustainable development, which primarily covers the following areas:
- Networking of local and international key stakeholders
- Set up of social information hubs
- Communications and Media development
- Fostering the advanced education in economic key sectors
- Waste disposal and environmental protection programs
- Stand alone and stable power supply based on renewable, environment-friendly and alternative energy sources
- Setup and advancement of country specific logistics and trade centres for a fair, sustainable and legal raw material and merchandise trade with African, European and other nations
- Setup and advancement of Farm-to-Market-Roads concepts
- Setup and advancement of agricultural collectives as well as an advanced training program for agricultural techniques
- Facilitating and support of entrepreneurship and start-ups